Friday, January 11, 2008

After 18 hours and 45 minutes of flying time we are finally in Singapore.  It was 4 am Thursday morning when I woke up to go to the Kamloops Airport.  There was a mistake in my ticket so I wasn't able to board the plane.  They misspelled my name so I wasn't in the flight computer.  They finally got that straightened out and I was able to board the plane.  The plane ride to Vancouver was about 45 minutes then we had to wait in the airport for 5 hours before we could board the plane to Singapore.  We stopped in Seoul Korea for an hour to fuel up.  It was a very long and boring plane ride to Singapore due to the fact that our T.V.s were not working. It is 5:20 am in Singapore which makes it about 1:20 pm in Kamloops.  We are to board the plane to Colombo in 2 hours which is another 3 1/2 hour flight.  It will be about a 5-6 hour van ride to Tangalle, Sri Lanka from Colombo. I hope to post soon when we arrive in Tangalle.  Cheers, RAIJA  

1 comment:

Flying with the Eagles said...

Hi Raija! I am so glad to hear that you arrived safely. It sounds like you spent many hours in the air! You are going to have so many stories to tell when you get home! Take care and love to everyone!
Mrs. E.